TEMPLE SQUARE PERFORMANCES, Ensemble Iris, Baroque music ensemble performing the classical repertoire, June 6, 7:30 p.m., Assembly Hall, Temple Square, free.
UTAH PREMIERE BRASS, June 7, 7 p.m., Provo North Park, 500 N. 500 West, Provo, free.
BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY, “Hansel and Gretel,” (performed in English), by Engelbert Humperdinck, directed by Diane Reich, an endearing musical fairytale that sparkles with fantasy, technical wizardry, and lavish sets by Utah Opera, June 10-13, 7:30 p.m., de Jong Concert Hall, Harris Fine Arts Center, $6 general, 801-422-4322, www.byuarts.com.
TEMPLE SQUARE PERFORMANCES, Bells on Temple Square, the Handbell Choir’s semi-annual concert, LeAnna Willmore, conductor, June 12, 7:30 p.m., Assembly Hall, Temple Square, free, however tickets are required, for ticket information call 801-570-0080 or visit www.lds.org/events.
EXCELLENCE IN THE COMMUNITY CONCERT SERIES, Harry Lee & Back Alley Blues Band June 13, 7 p.m., Viridian Center, 8030 S. 1825 West, West Jordan, free.
TEMPLE SQUARE PERFORMANCES, Nigel Potts, organ, program features arrangements of works by Handel, Wagner and Gershwin, June 13, 7:30 p.m., Salt Lake Tabernacle, Temple Square, free.
TEMPLE SQUARE PERFORMANCES, Jussi Björling Society Recital, vocal performances of pieces by Strauss, Verdi, Beethoven, with piano and string accompaniment, June 13, 7:30 p.m., Assembly Hall, Temple Square, free.
UNIVERSITY OF UTAH, Artist-in-Residence Concert, Johannes Søe Hansen, violin, June 16, 7:30 p.m., Libby Gardner Concert Hall, David Gardner Hall, $15 general, $10 U. faculty/staff, $5 non U. students, free U. students, 801-581-7100, www.kingtix.com.
UNIVERSITY OF UTAH, Artist-in-Residence Master Class, Johannes Søe Hansen, violin, June 17, 12:30 p.m., Dumke Recital Hall, in David Gardner Hall, free and open to the public.
AMERICAN WEST SYMPHONY AND CHORUS, Pops Concert, Joel Rosenberg, music director, Tyler Kofoed, chorus master, music by Richard Rodgers, Irving Berlin, Leroy Anderson, John Philip Sousa, as well as Khachaturian’s “Sabre Dance,” June 17, 8 p.m., Sandy Amphitheater, 1245 E. 9400 South, free.
EXCELLENCE IN THE COMMUNITY CONCERT SERIES, Harry Lee & Back Alley Blues Band, June 18, 7:30 p.m., Gallivan Center, free.
TIMPANOGOS SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA, “An American Celebration,” John Pew, conductor, Lloyd Newell joins the Timpanogos Symphony in an evening of American classics, June 19-20, 7:30 p.m., Timberline Middle School, 500 W. Canyon Crest Road, Alpine, $10 general, $8 students/seniors, 801-210-2466, www.thetso.org.
TEMPLE SQUARE PERFORMANCES, Ballif Duo, Adam and Kristi Ballif, clarinet and flute, Stephen Thomas, piano, June 20, 7:30 p.m., Assembly Hall, Temple Square, free.
GINA BACHAUER INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL 2015, June 24-27, the festival will feature concerts with internationally recognized pianists and Bachauer laureates:
- June 24, 2015, Karén Hakobyan, program includes the Adagio from Khachaturian’s ballet Spartacus, Variations on Bizet’s Carmen, music of Gershwin and Ravel, and Utah premieres of Hakobyan’s own compositions, including a new piano work honoring Paul Pollei, founder of the Gina Bachauer International Piano Foundation;
- June 25, 2015, Marina Lomazov and Joseph Rackers, program includes Ravel’s La Valse, Corigliano’s Etude Fantasy, and Schumann’s Kreisleriana, and Nicolai Kapustin’s Variations;
- June 26, 2015, Barry Snyder, program includes Schumann’s Symphonic Etudes, Ravel’s Gaspard de la Nuit, a Utah premier of a piece commissioned for Snyder, and pieces by Chopin and Haydn;
- June 27, 2015, Marina Lomazov and Joseph Rackers, program includes works for piano four hands and two pianos, featuring selections from Stravinsky’s ballet Petrushka, and sonatas by Brahms and Mozart.
- All concerts begin at 7:30 p.m., at the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center, $20 general, 801-355-2787 or 888-451-2787 or www.arttix.org.
EXCELLENCE IN THE COMMUNITY CONCERT SERIES, Cory Christiansen Organ Trio, June 25, 7:30 p.m., Gallivan Center, free.
TEMPLE SQUARE PERFORMANCES, BYU-Idaho Concert Choir, classical, sacred and traditional spiritual songs, Kevin Brower, director, June 27, 7:30 p.m., Assembly Hall, Temple Square, free.